- 575 square miles of sand clay hills and river/creek basins located between Memphis and Jackson in North Mississippi.
- Just 20 minutes from Oxford, less than an hour from Tupelo and only 50 miles from Toyota’s new plant.
An agricultural area that boasts the “Sweet Potato Capital of the World” in Vardaman, and produces cotton, corn and soybeans as its other major crops.
Click here and select Calhoun County for additional information.
WHAT & WHERE
COMMUNITIES & BUSINESSES
- With a population of about 15,000, our County has an easy going, small town atmosphere in the communities of Big Creek, Bruce, Calhoun City, Derma, Pittsboro, Slate Springs and Vardaman.
- Pittsboro is our county seat – the home of all our local officials who run the county’s day to day business.
- Home to world’s largest producer of boat paddles, US’s 2nd largest producer of lift chairs/adjustable beds, as well as leaders in the lumber and furniture industries.
PEOPLE & STRENGTHS
- Our people are friendly, hard working and are taking necessary steps to attract new business/industry.
- Strengths include:
- location and room for growth
- low cost of business/living
- affordable housing
- low crime rates
- reliable utilities
- little to no traffic
- close proximity to major universities and community colleges
- great recreation including hunting/fishing/golf, and beautiful weather