Calhoun County is blessed with great hunting, fishing and golf, as well as great local entertainment. And less than an easy hour’s drive away are the University Of Mississippi’s Ford Performing Arts Theatre in Oxford and the BancorpSouth Arena in Tupelo.
Enjoy Golf At Two Great Local Courses & One Of The State’s Best:
- In Bruce, the Yoda Creek golf club sits among rolling hills, ponds and tree lined fairways; one of the finest 9 hole courses in North Mississippi.
- In Calhoun City, the Pines Hills golf club is nestled among rolling hills and tree lined fairways.
- Only 30 minutes away is the Dogwood Golf Club, one of the finest in the state, located at Hugh White Park in Grenada, Ms. – carved out of magnificent pines and sitting next to Grenada Lake.
Great Hunting & Fishing
- Local hunting is plentiful, including deer, duck, doves, geese, turkey, fox and rabbit
- Fishing and boating are less than an hour away at Sardis, Enid or Grenada lakes
- The BancorpSouth Arena is less than an hour’s drive in Tupelo and hosts some of the nation’s best performers. Artists such as James Taylor, the Eagles, Van Halen, Tom Petty, the Heartbreakers and Aerosmith have all played at the arena.
- Ford Performing Arts Theatre is a short drive to Oxford on the University Of Mississippi campus, and features events like the Russian Royal Ballet, and nationally touring Broadway acts.