Established in 1905, the Town of Derma has a population of 1,025. The name derives from a young man writing home “Der Ma” and the Town became known as Derma. Derma was founded as a railroad town in response to the Mobile & Ohio Railroad going from Okolona to Houston to Calhoun County. Calhoun County Agricultural High School was begun in 1910 in Derma. In 1934, it was renamed Derma High School until 1959 when it was consolidated with Calhoun City School.
City Hall is located at 120 South Main St, Derma, MS 38839
Contacts: Telephone – 662.628.6635
Fax – 662.628.4101
email – email@example.com
- Dock H. Gabbert is the Mayor of Derma and currently is the longest serving Mayor in Mississippi.
- City Clerk – Deneen Russell