Established in 1927, the City Of Bruce, has a population of about 2200, and is located in the north central region of Mississippi at the intersection of state highways 9 & 32. Our biggest asset is our friendly, hard working people who are eager to improve the city’s economy and quality of life. We have all the qualities of easy going, small town life, are only 20 minutes from Oxford and are less than an hour’s drive from Tupelo. Bruce is just far enough to be peaceful, and just close enough to enjoy!
Primary businesses include Weyerhaeuser and Haworth Chair, which are the two largest employers in our county – along with agriculture, furniture and supporting retail and services.
Recreation & Entertainment
- Enjoy golf at the Yoda Creek golf club among rolling hills, ponds and tree lined
fairways; one of the finest 9 hole courses in North Mississippi
- Great hunting includes deer, duck, doves, geese and turkey
- Fishing and boating are less than an hour away at Sardis, Enid or Grenada lakes
- The Kids Korner playground earned Bruce the Municipal Excellence Award; a great place to play all year round for children of all ages.
Want A Place To Stay When Visiting?
Enjoy the Cart Barn Inn, a great bed and breakfast inn – with luxurious accommodations consisting of 6 King rooms and 4 Queen Suites (2 queen beds in each room). Every room has complete amenities, including microwave, refrigerator, comfortable seating, computer desk and chair, wireless internet, and a great breakfast in the lobby.
- Make it your home away from home
- Located just north of Bruce off of Hwy 9; from the north turn right on County Road 259 and go 3/4 of a mile – you will see the inn on the right; from the south, turn left on to 259.
- For further information, go to their web site, www.cartbarninn.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT BRUCE CALL:
Bruce City Hall – 662.983.2453
Rudy Pope, Mayor
Rita Talford, City Clerk